why am I having missing fonts in FM8, and how to correct?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Aug 14 07:16:53 PDT 2008

Kanti.Mann at schange.com wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I know FM8 uses unicode, rather than PS fonts as before, but in an entire
> group of 10+ writers, some of us are getting font errors, and some are
> not, now that we're all using the ATCS.
>
> Further, many of the errors are for things like Helvetica, which is there
> anyway!

More details, as requested by Dov, would be extremely helpful.  In the
meantime:  do all of your installations have the Adobe PDF printer
driver set as default, or do some of them have a physical printer set as
default?  Physical printers' drivers often report their resident fonts
to the operating system, which then treats them as though they are
locally installed.  That can cause font errors in FM.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

PLES RING IF AN RNSER IS REQIRD. PLEZ CNOKE IF AN RNSR IS
NOT REQUID.

--Owl