Strangeness with Autonumbers

quills at airmail.net quills at airmail.net
Mon Aug 18 12:31:15 PDT 2008

I have found that when using a numbering stream
it is best to put ALL placeholders in. Therefore
your formats should read:

H1 A:<$chapnum>.<n+>< =0>< =0>
H2 A:<$chapnum>.<n>.<n+>< =0>
H3 A:<$chapnum>.<n>.<n>.<n+>

Additionally, ensure that you haven't used this
number stream with the desginator (in my example
A:) in any other numbering formats you may use.

Once you have a template with the correct
formatting, import that format to all other files
that are identical in format.

Scott