Cross references in a text inset

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Mon Aug 18 14:10:25 PDT 2008

Gyanesh,

That is how text insets work, generally. I know of three workarounds:

- Do what you did, that is, convert the text insets to text, create the PDF,
then close the files without saving. Personally, I find that too dangerous
to do.

- Insert a hypertext marker over the cross references that go to or from a
text inset. This works, but it's a lot of extra work.

- Use FrameScript to fix all such xrefs before creating the PDF. Rick Quatro
has scripts that can do this. I find this the best approach. It's more steps
in my final production process, but they're fairly quick and easy. If you're
interested, Rick can tell you more (frameexpert at truevine.net).

Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
User guides, online help, FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher templates