Cross references in a text inset

Tue Aug 19 07:54:18 PDT 2008

Gyanesh Talwar wrote:

> I have a text inset with cross references in it (the destination of
cross
> refs also is in the same text inset.). When I generate a PDF, the
cross
> references do not work, the hypertext in the inset works though. After
> converting the text inset into text and then writing the PDF, the
cross
> references start working in the PDF.
>
> Am I supposed to convert the text inset to text or am I missing
something
> here? Is there another way to make the cross references work?

Yep, that's the workaround for this particular bug:

1. Save all files in the book.
2. Convert all text insets to text.
3. Create PDF.
4. Close all files *without saving*.

Step 4 is, of course, critical. If you have FrameScript, the whole
process can be automated. If you have to do it manually, be careful and
consider working on copies of your files.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.