section/no section number TOC

Mollye Barrett mollye at clearpath.cc
Tue Aug 19 10:32:24 PDT 2008

   Richard,

   I wasn't clear enough in my situation explaination...

   Every book has multiple sections. The front matter and the TOC need
to display without section numbers and all other chapters in the book
to display with section numbers. The front matter needs to appear in
the TOC without a section number. I don't want additional paragraph
styles, just the ability to "hide" the section number.

   I, too, question the wisdom but this is a client request...not my
idea. I'm trying conditional text right now but don't think it will
work at the book level.

   Still scratching my head,

   Mollye