Cross references in a text inset

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Tue Aug 19 08:14:36 PDT 2008

A safer alternative is to "unlock" all of the text insets before creating
the PDF. There is a TiLocked property of text insets that is not available
in the FrameMaker interface. When you set this property to "False" it allows
the text inset to act like native text. The beauty is that you can restore
the text inset by resetting the TiLocked property to True.

Note that if you have cross-references from one text inset to another, this
method won't work. Your link will appear in the PDF, but it will be looking
for the source inset file instead of the container file.

I have FrameScript scripts to deal with cross-references in text insets,
including those from one inset to another. If you are interested in a
FrameScript solution, please contact me offlist.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com