Relative path links to outside documents

quills at airmail.net quills at airmail.net
Wed Aug 20 06:49:42 PDT 2008

It's been years since I've used this and I've inherited several docs
that now use cross-references to another document. Since they are
cross-referncing a heading in another document in FrameMaker the
hypertext link is to that chapter file.

In the PDF this is resolving out to an absolute path to that chapter
file and not a relative path to the other document pdf. Can someone
refresh my memory on how I'm supposed to get the link to be a
relative path and how to make it reference the PDF.

I suspect it envolves me going into the first document's generated
PDF and altering the link there.

Thanks,

Scott