ANN: Job seeking

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 05:30:08 PST 2008

Hi fellow framers,

As so many other people in Iceland, and around the world for that
matter, my company is struggling and has made many layoffs recently.
Friday last I was one of the unlucky (or maybe lucky?) to be laid off,
but in my case, I have 6 months notice rights (which is good if the
company survives that long, which is not all that certain). So I will
be up for any odd jobs that can be worked on overseas. I have a couple
of times done overseas jobs from home, so that should not be a
problem.

I will, of course, be applying for a job locally, but there are almost
no companies in Iceland that are using FrameMaker, so my FM knowledge
might not be such an advance here.

I hope you will forgive me if you find me misusing the list, sending
this message, but I think it is at least useful for us all to see how
the job market is from time to time.
(Please don't send any condolences -- this is not the end of the world -- yet!)

Best regards,
Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Iceland
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bodvarbjorgvinsson