Framescript - Open Document

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Wed Dec 3 11:04:39 PST 2008

Hi,

FM8 p277 non-structured, FrameScript 5.2R1p219 , XP Sp3.

I am hoping this problem will ring a bell out there.

I have a script that loops through the documents
(bookcomponents) in an open book, sets certain
View options (zoom, ruler, text symbols, etc.),
and saves the documents. Just an all-in-one from
settings in a dialog box instead of performing
individual actions using the View menu.

Problem:
Some documents, that I can open onscreen using a
double-click within a book, or from Windows, when
processed by the Open command (Framescript) cause
FM to crash. Some of these documents were created
by saving an existing document and then stripping
content in the original and the copy to make 2 different documents.

I have tried saving to MIF and re-importing (did
no good), in some cases I solved some paragraph
overrides and the problem disappeared. I still
have 6 such files from several hundred that cause
FM to crash. They all have text insets as a
common factor. And no other problems.

The Open Document command I use is very
tolerant...does not update text insets, x-refs,
the documents are hidden to go faster, any
recovered or autosaved files are NOed, old version is OK, etc.

I appreciate any help/ideas you may offer.

Thank-you.

Stephen O'Brien
Rédacteur technique senior / Senior Technical Writer
InnovMetric Logiciels inc. / InnovMetric Software Inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
E-mail: sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com
PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform for Manufacturing (TM)