Page Numbering -- Book File

Howard Rauch techtransfer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 3 11:35:25 PST 2008

What am I missing or doing wrong?

I have a book file which has a number of one-page files. When I update the book (i.e., renumber the pages), Frame changes the pagination from "Delete empty pages" to "Make page count even." That of course doubles the size of the document. I have set the pagination at the book level and in the individual files without success, in each case using the Power Save before renumbering.

In the previous version of this book these were two-page files and the pagination was set to "Make page count even" because the client wanted files on facing pages. The original book was approx 150 pages, so now it should be 75 pages, but it's still 150 pages with 75 blank pages.

I am using Frame 7.0 on a Windows XP Professional platform

Thannks in advance for help anyone can give.

Howard Rauch

Technology Transfer, Inc.
"Linking Creators and Users of Technology"
933 North 18th Street
Manitowoc WI 54220
Office: 920-682-1528
Cell: 920-629-0080