Framers Digest, Vol 38, Issue 4 - Structured Markers/IXGen

Indira Rimkeit irimkeit at redback.com
Fri Dec 5 11:04:29 PST 2008

Hi Gary,

We have elements in our EDD (M-Index and others), which use FrameMaker markers. When you insert one from the element catalog, it brings up the Insert Marker dialog. These are XML elements, which are preserved on XML round-tripping. However, if you insert an unstructured marker using Special > Markers, when you save as XML, they are dropped.

Indira Rimkeit
Technical Publications
Redback Networks, an Ericsson company
---snip
Can you explain what you mean by "structured" markers? I thought markers
were the same regardless of whether or not you are using structure.

> We also used IXGen for editing indexes before we moved to structure,
but found that is doesn't work with structured markers.