Can't open FrameMaker 7.2

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 7 22:57:54 PST 2008

I agree that rebooting is usually a good idea and often solves the problem.
But I think it depends on the company that makes the software. I've fixed a
number of problems by completely uninstalling and reinstalling MS sofware,
particularly MS Office.

Another common culprit is anti-virus software.  Shmuel, if rebooting does
not work, try turning your anti-virus software off and see what happens when
you launch FM.  Symantec slowed things down so much on my system that some
files took 10 minutes to open and some would not open at all. And my system
is almost new with a high end CPU and lots of RAM.

Diane