Finding a font

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Mon Dec 8 07:24:35 PST 2008

Does this message appear when you try to print the document, or when opening it?  The fonts available may depend on which printer is currently selected. (and usually will in Windows :-( )

"Missing" fonts can also hide in reference pages, cross-reference formats, table definitions (e.g., the paragraph formats used by default for cells contents), and graphic images (such as WMF, EPS or PDF).

If all other font usage are correct, an option is to choose to NOT remember missing fonts (file > preferences > general preferences; be sure the "remember" box is unchecked) when you open a document.  This option needs to be changed before you open the document in question. Frame will make permanent the substitution based on information in the [UnknownToKnownFontMap] section of the maker.ini file.

On Monday, December 08, 2008 09:57, David Spreadbury wrote:

| Christopher,
|
| You could save the file as MIF and then search the MIF file for Times.
|
| Once you find it, go back to the Frame file(s) and look for the format
| that is using it, probably on a master page, then fix, replace or
| delete, the format using the Times font. You could also edit the MIF
| to reflect the font you want (copy a good font entry) and then open it
| up in Frame. All should then be well.

- Lester