FM file per country for same software

Lynn Durell Lynn.Durell at dds.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 05:15:06 PST 2008

Hi Framers,

We currently have a single source FM doc, with conditional tags used for
UK-only or USA-only sections, so the same FM file is used for both UK and
USA versions of our software app, with 2 writers (one UK, one USA) working
in conjunction on the same file.

This is too complex to keep up, especially as UK and USA versions of the
software are not released at the same time, so we are going to split the
FM in two copies. Going forwards, there will be one writer updating the UK
FM and one writer updating the USA FM.

However, we don't want both writers to be documenting the same software,
but at the same time, we don't want one writer to have to continuously
list or copy/paste all their changes to the other writer (who then
localises).

Does anyone have experience with this and how to work with it?

Thanks,
Lynn Durell
lynn.durell at dds.co.uk