Re-installing FM 8 onto a new drive ...

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Dec 10 08:59:41 PST 2008

Hi, all.

My laptop disk drive started acting flaky, so I had to put a new drive onto the system. In this process, I rebuilt my laptop using Windows Vista rather than Windows XP.

I am now at the stage of re-installing FrameMaker 8 and have some questions (one a bit belated).

1. I assumed that FM 8 works fine on Vista (both 32-bit and 64-bit). Is this accurate? (A bit belated of a question, I suppose, but before I waste any more time and end up re-installing XP, I thought I would ask here ... hoping to get a quick response).

2. I did not cleanly do the UNinstall on my previous drive (either for FrameMaker or Acrobat 9) for obviosu reasons. So will re-installing them on my new drive cause any headaches with registering these at Adobe? Since the OS has changed?

Thanks,