Template organization

Mike Feimster mike.feimster at acstechnologies.com
Fri Dec 12 13:51:24 PST 2008

I try to keep everything for a template in one file, and I try to use
the same basic elemement definitions, master page names, paragraph and
character style names, etc. so that most of my templates are
interchangeable. If I need to convert an instruction sheet to a chapter
in a book, all I need to do is import the book template and change the
top-level element in the file from Instruction-Sheet to Chapter.

All the toc stuff is in the template also. When you add a toc to a new
book, the formatting and reference pages are picked up from the first
file in the book. Therefore, there is no need to import formats into the
toc and regenerate.

I have a meta book that contains all the templates so it makes it easier
to make common changes.

Mike