Checkboxes in numbered lists

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 06:13:42 PST 2008

Indeed, Cheryl's suggestion is a good one, but there is also another way:

   1. Create a dedicated paratag ("checkbox") for the check box, with
   Wingdings or Zapf Dingbats as a character tag for the autonumbering.
   2. Make the checkbox a run-in head (Paragraph Designer > Pagination >
   Run-in Head.
   3. For checkbox, specify that the regular "step" paratag must be the next
   paratag (Paragraph Designer > Basic tab > Next Pgf Tag: step).
   4. For the "step" paratag, specify that checkbox should be the next
   paratag.

You will get check boxes and steps alternatively as you press ENTER.

The advantage of this approach is that you can easily insert tables in your
steps. You can also insert tables in tables in FM, but this takes a bit of
"gymnastics".

I have tested this and it seems to work nicely. If you need the fm file to
see how it has been done, just drop me an e-mail.

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion • Managing Director • Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor
www.scripto.nu  • skype: yves.barbion