Frame 8 trial woes

Matt Sullivan matt at grafixtraining.com
Mon Dec 22 14:04:45 PST 2008

Hi Emily,

I doubt this is related to the FM9 trial, though *you* may indeed be running
a version of Acrobat other than what FM is looking for. I'll leave that one
for Dov, in case he's around...

It's my understanding that the trial is same installer as you would use
normally, but without a serial number. I believe you can merely plug a valid
serial number into the trial and continue on your way without reinstalling.
(Note: this doesn't work for all valid s/n's, as some are for Frame, some
for the TCS, and some are site licenses, as well as gov or edu
market-specific)

Questions:

Question 1- Is your colleague able to PDF other books than this one?

Question(s) 2- Do any dialogs come up while opening the book file or any of
the files making up the book? Are you able to successfully update the book
without errors?
Suggestion 2- Resolve any dialogs (make sure all needed resources are
available) and try again

Question 3- (assumes Suggestion 1 has been completed) Have you tried saving
as MIF and re-opening in FM8?

-Matt