Graphics Fundamentals

Sean Pollock spolloc1 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 13:48:41 PST 2008

I'm guessing they are .eps graphics, and you want to output them for the web or some other non-PDF format (since they don't look bad otherwise)? If they are .eps, and you don't like that format, you can open the files in Photoshop or Paintshop and the app will give you the option of selecting an output size (you can also batch process them if there are many images). Of course, you will have to change the links in Frame as well.

--Sean Pollock
Siemens PLM Software> Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:49:03 -0500> From: jdeland1 at comcast.net> To: framers at lists.frameusers.com> Subject: Graphics Fundamentals> > I inherited some old files, and the graphics look awful - squished and > squiggly - except when I print to a printer, or generate a PDF. Then > they look fine, nice and crisp, even if (intentionally) shrunken. The > writer who did this is long gone, and of course the process was never > documented, so I don't know how he did it. > > I have tried "shrinking" in Snag-It, and reducing the percent of size on > import. Both options yield a "fuzzy" look that I'm getting complaints > about. Is there some sort of FM option or technique that I can use to > get the same results as he did?> > -- > Jack DeLand :: Member, Information Architecture Institute :: Michigan :: +1 248 252 2200 :: GMT -5> > _______________________________________________> > > You are currently subscribed to Framers as spolloc1 at hotmail.com.> > Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com.> > To unsubscribe send a blank email to > framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com> or visit http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/spolloc1%40hotmail.com> > Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.