variables in book files

Jon Harvey JHarvey at cambridgesoft.com
Mon Dec 29 13:15:15 PST 2008

Windows XP Pro

Frame 7.2

Everyone,

I'm having trouble getting a variable value to display content in a
book. Here's what I have going:

The book includes files A and B. File A comes before file B in the book.

File A has a heading whose paragraph format is "SectionTitle" (and the
heading does contain text).

In the footer of File B, I've included a Running H/F 6 variable whose
definition is <$paratext[SectionTitle]>.

After generating the book file and updating variables, the value of the
variable still doesn't appear in file B.

What gives?

Jon Harvey

Manager, Desktop & Enterprise Documentation

CambridgeSoft Corporation

100 CambridgePark Drive

Cambridge, MA 02140

(617) 588-9354