macros and keyboard shortcuts

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 31 14:09:49 PST 2008

Just a couple of additions to what Stuart said about systematic tag naming.

*  This is a highly recommended way to name paragraph tags and character
tags.  It also works well with variables.

*  The underscore in Stuart's example is only one way to set up the names.
h1Heading1, h1 Heading1, h1-Heading1, and h1_Heading1 all work equally well.

*  Note that tag names and variable names are case-sensitive. h1heading1 and
h1Heading1 are not the same tags.

*  Plan your tag naming so that similar tags appear together in the tag
list.  It makes them easier to learn and use too.  Examples:

h1Heading1, h2Heading2, etc.
b1Bullet1, b2Bullet2, etc.
i1Indent1, i2Indent2, etc.
n1Num1, n2Num2, etc.
txTableText, thTableHeading, ttTableTitle

HTH

Diane Gaskill