pagination dilemma

David Kuhn david.kuhn at amdocs.com
Sun Feb 3 02:36:56 PST 2008

I had to adjust our template to add a line to the header (recently one
was also added to the footer), resulting in a two line header and a two
line footer.
The problem is that I need to keep the text area the same size without
stealing from the margins.
I had tested this on body text only and the same number of lines fits on
the page without a problem.
But I noticed than when you have other formatting, such as a lot of
code, the last line on the page practically sits on the line separating
the text from the footer.
Because I've only packaged one document this way, I went through and did
a manual adjustment by applying Keep with Next whenever the last text
line looks too close to the separation line.
Any ideas how to make the impossible possible?
Is there any way to set the minimum space that needs to exist between
the line and the footer?
Any other solutions?

David Kuhn
Technical Writer, PBG

+1.972.9.776.1956 (desk)
+1.972.54.307.8987 (mobile)

AMDOCS > CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE SYSTEMS INNOVATION