System rebuild - can not print book

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:04:32 PST 2008

Pete:
A few questions:
Is the Adobe PDF printer set as the system default?
Have you applied the FM8 patch?
Are you printing to the Adobe printer, or doing a SaveAs, or something else?
Are all the component files of the book open on your desktop?
In the PDF settings for the book, do you have Generate Tagged PDF on or off?

Art

On Feb 4, 2008 6:19 PM, Pete Rourke <pete at rourke.org> wrote:
> Ok, so I'm thinking I am a total stooge.
>

> I have FM8 XP Pro on Desktop and primary = laptop.
>
> I did a flush and fill on laptop to clear out the cobwebs.
>

> I replaced FM8 and Adobe PDF printer, and the entire FM book directory, all
> fonts and images.
>
> >From the freshly rebuilt laptop, FM comes up fine with book, all print to
> PDF settings are identical to functioning desktop, but when I try to
> generate PDF, I get:
>
> %%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
>
> %%[Page: 1]%%
>
> %%[Page: 2]%%
>
> %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: pdfmark; ErrorInfo: Rect  ]%%
>

> I can reach across the network and open and print the same book from the
> desktop, so I'm thinking maker.ini files or something.
>

> I am not a code person or script writer, and I'm NCAA (No Clue At All)
>

> Did I miss something on the re-install???
>

> TIA
>

> Ducking for cover
>

> Pete Rourke
> Chandler, AZ