"unavailable fonts" problem: URGENT (Bill Swallow)

Thu Feb 7 07:24:38 PST 2008

Miriam Boral wrote:

> Save the offending file as .mif and then open the .mif file with a
> text editor to view the underlying code. Search for the missing font
> and delete the text that uses it. Save the file and then
> resave as .fm.
>
> This is the only foolproof solution I've found!

That seems a bit drastic, compared to turning off Remember Missing Font
Names. For one thing, you might want the text that uses that font! For
another, the font could be referenced in, for instance, a default pgf of
a table format -- you probably don't want to delete the table format.

If you insist on mucking about in the MIF, a better approach would be to
replace the font name with the one you want to use -- but you can
accomplish the same thing -- once and for all, for all files going
forward -- by setting the desired font substitution in maker.ini and
then turning off Remember Missing Font Names.

BTW, when you post in reply to a digest entry, please don't leave the
entire digest in your reply.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs