Automatic linking?

mohamed.mahmoud at aero.bombardier.com mohamed.mahmoud at aero.bombardier.com
Thu Feb 7 09:10:09 PST 2008

Thanks Richard for the answer. I knew of this solution, but I was looking
for something that our SMEs can use without having to rearrange the
choices.
I assume I'm looking for something like the load function in Ajax! Maybe in
Framemaker 11!!!
Thanks anyway;
Mohamed

             "Combs, Richard"
             <richard.combs at Po
             lycom.com>                                                 To
                                       <mohamed.mahmoud at aero.bombardier.co
             02/07/2008 10:30          m>, <framers at lists.frameusers.com>

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Automatic linking?

mohamed.mahmoud at aero.bombardier.com wrote:

> Is there a way to accomplish (Structured FM 7.2 under XP)
> the following?
>
> Q. question
>
> Choices
>
> A- [Item] + Autonumbering
> B- [Item] + Autonumbering
> C- [Item] + Autonumbering
> D- [Item] + Autonumbering
>
> Answer: A
>
> If the right Answer changes to C, for instance, I want the A
> in Answer  to become automatically C

I don't use structured, but the answer should be approximately the same.
:-)

If the choices (A, B, C, D) are autonumbered (with the question pgf set
to restart their numbering), then all you need to do for the answer is
create a cross-reference to the right choice using the <$paranum>
building block. That way, if you rearrange the choices so that what was
A is 3rd in the sequence (and thus renumbered C), when you update xrefs,
the answer xref will update to C.

HTH!
Richard

------