Creating a working generated TOC using Structured Framemaker - Need Help

Valerie Lipow vallipow at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 12:56:04 PST 2008

 I'm not sure that there is anything to be gained by structuring a generated
file in a FM book. Of course, bookmarks and Search eliminate the need for
these links in an electronic PDF, and hyperlinks of any kind are irrelevant
in a printed document.

However, when I generated a PDF of the original book, with structured
chapters and generated TOC and Index, the PDF links were broken from the TOC
and Index. (In addition, the inter-chapter cross-references were broken,
while the intra-chapter links were intact. But that's a different message.)

My client was unhappy, and I was surprised, that when FM generated the PDF
(with bookmarks and tagging), the TOC links didn't work. So, I'm looking to
see if there is a way to impose structure easily on generated files.

Valerie Lipow
vallipow at gmail.com