Background Color Obscures Contents in PDF

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Thu Feb 7 23:50:36 PST 2008

Hi, Jona:

On Feb 7, 2008 1:58 PM, Jona Steenbrink <jsteenbrink at bluefinrobotics.com> wrote:
> Hi
[snip]

> I have also tried creating a new master page with a background color
> and assigning that master page to the page with the diagram, but the
> results are the same as described above when saved as pdf
> It also doesn't appear to matter if I select overprint or knockout in
> the object or color properties.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on why "save to pdf" is behaving like
> this? Are there any settings I can change.
> Alternatively, if someone can tell me the correct way to accomplish
> what I am trying here, I would be immensely grateful.

It's not clear how you created the master page background color. If
you created a page-size colored rectangle not in an anchored frame,
and pasted it on top of the page, while it's selected, try Graphics >
Send to Back, to position it below the text frames for header, footer,
and main-flow text frame. The PDF should print correctly

Regards,

Peter