FrameMaker doc "attributes" report

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Fri Feb 8 08:54:44 PST 2008

Hi, Ken:

On Feb 8, 2008 7:51 AM,  <poshedly at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> It's been awhile since I tried this, but isn't there a way to get a printout of the attrubutes of a FrameMaker document (especially the master page frame object dimensions).
>
> I think the Paragraph Tools plug-in will give me the paragraph attributes stuff, ut I really need the various object properties data on the master pages.
>
> It's either a plug-in of some kind or else do a screen shot and hand-write on it what's what.

In the MIF, search for "master." You'll find this:

<Page
 <Unique 256709>
 <PageType LeftMasterPage>
 <PageTag `Left'>
 <PageSize  8.5" 11.0">
 <PageOrientation Portrait>
 <PageAngle  0.0>
 <TextRect
  <ID 13>
  <Unique 578393>
  <Pen 15>
  <Fill 15>
  <PenWidth  1.0 pt>
  <Separation 0>
  <ObColor `Black'>
  <DashedPattern
   <DashedStyle Solid>
  > # end of DashedPattern
  <RunaroundGap  0.0 pt>
  <RunaroundType None>
  <ShapeRect  0.75" 1.417" 6.75" 8.3428">
  <BRect  0.75" 1.417" 6.75" 8.3428">
  <TRNumColumns 1>
  <TRColumnGap  0.25">
  <TRColumnBalance No>
  <TRSideheadWidth  1.70833">
  <TRSideheadGap  0.16667">
  <TRSideheadPlacement Left>
  <TRNext 0>
 > # end of TextRect
 <PolyLine
  <Unique 577976>
  <Pen 0>
  <PenWidth  0.25 pt>
  <HeadCap Butt>
  <TailCap Butt>
  <NumPoints 2>
  <Point  0.75" 0.5739">
  <Point  7.5" 0.5739">
 > # end of PolyLine
 <TextRect
  <ID 14>
  <Unique 578394>
  <Pen 15>
  <PenWidth  1.0 pt>
  <ShapeRect  0.75" 0.6829" 6.75" 0.211">
  <BRect  0.75" 0.6829" 6.75" 0.211">
  <TRNumColumns 1>
  <TRColumnGap  0.25">
  <TRColumnBalance No>
  <TRSideheadWidth  1.5">
  <TRSideheadGap  0.25">
  <TRSideheadPlacement Left>
  <TRNext 0>
 > # end of TextRect
 <PolyLine
  <Unique 577980>
  <Pen 0>
  <PenWidth  0.25 pt>
  <HeadCap Square>
  <TailCap Square>
  <NumPoints 2>
  <Point  0.75" 9.9538">
  <Point  7.5" 9.9538">
 > # end of PolyLine
 <TextRect
  <ID 15>
  <Unique 578395>
  <Pen 15>
  <PenWidth  1.0 pt>
  <ShapeRect  0.75" 10.057" 6.75" 0.1569">
  <BRect  0.75" 10.057" 6.75" 0.1569">
  <TRNumColumns 1>
  <TRColumnGap  0.25">
  <TRColumnBalance No>
  <TRSideheadWidth  1.5">
  <TRSideheadGap  0.25">
  <TRSideheadPlacement Left>
  <TRNext 0>
 > # end of TextRect
> # end of Page

I don't have MIFmucker or other MIF exploring tools installed, and I
can't remember how they report this kind of information. Probably a
text cruncher could extract these blocks of information and even strip
them down to the essentials you want.The text rectangles aren't
described by their dimensions, but by the top, left, and bottom, right
corner coordinates, and units. You'd need to do the math.

HTH

Regards,

Peter