Copy/paste Greek text from PDF annos into FM6.0 variable definition

maxwell.hoffmann maxwell.hoffmann at welocalize.com
Sat Feb 9 06:39:23 PST 2008

I am making some corrections to documents published in Greek in FrameMaker 6.0. I have corrections in Greek characters in comment/annotation notes in PDF files. I need to copy Greek from the annotations and paste it into a user variable definition in FrameMaker 6.0. Naturally, I get "????????????????".

I have even tried pasting the text into a MS Word document (Greek font), then copying again and using Paste Special->Rich Text Format ... same results.

I haven't worked with FM6.0 for awhile, and thought I recalled doing this successfully in the past. Can anyone remind me of a working technique? Thank you.

Maxwell Hoffmann
Production Lead
Welocalize

Tel. 503.274.2211