Job Posting in Indianapolis

gregoryd at att.net gregoryd at att.net
Tue Feb 12 15:30:37 PST 2008

Framers,
My department has a permanent position open for a full-time technical writer at our Indianapolis location. Great benefits, excellent work environment, and a chance to make a difference in people's lives. We compile drug related information for use in pharmacy/hospital environments and develop software and APIs that use that data. If you have a strong relational database background, you'll have a leg up on the competition.

If you want to contact me off-list for more info, that's fine: gregh(dot)oh(at)gmail(dot)com.

Greg Henderson

Here's the info:

First DataBank is seeking a full-time technical writer to become part of the Documentation Team at its Indianapolis, Indiana office.

Responsibilities: Writer will be responsible for creating drug information database and software documentation that includes the following:

- Editorial Policies - governing principles that dictate the type of drug information included in each database

- Technical Specifications - table layout information

- Applications and Algorithms - step-by-step procedures that explain how the columns work together to deliver certain functions

- Data Dictionary - entries that explain the functionality of each column in the database.

- Developer’s Reference Guide - technical information on API components

- Implementation Guide - intended to assist development teams in implementing software into their clinical application

- Quality Control Protocol - series of tests designed to if the software is implemented properly

- Customer Bulletins - direct communication with customers used to explain product issues or enhancements

Qualifications: Interested candidates must possess the following:

- 3+ years of technical writing experience (samples required)

- BA/BS in Technical Writing or related field

- Basic understanding of relational database functionality

- Experience working with database a plus

- Adobe FrameMaker skills

- Adobe Acrobat skills

- Assertive interviewing and interpersonal skills

- Ability to work well with both clinical experts/pharmacists and system engineers

- Excellent written and oral communication skills

- Attention to detail and good proofreading skills

- Ability to assimilate complicated pharmaceutical and technical information into organized and easy-to-understand documentation

- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry or with medical writing desirable

Contact Information:  Interested candidates must e-mail a copy of their resume to HR_Indy at firstdatabank.com.

Printed resumes can be mailed to:

Human Resources
First DataBank, Inc.