Rules disappearing from EDD

Hayward, Morgan (Bolton) mhayward at husky.ca
Wed Feb 13 13:51:05 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have the most fantastic and bizarre bug for you all.  We're working
with structured FrameMaker 7.1 on WinXP systems and finding that select
ParagraphFormatting rules are being replaced with the
NoAdditionalFormatting element when we import our EDD into a document.
This is happening when we define a combined font for Asian translations.
However, it doesn't stop there.

When we archive the document using the Archive plug-in OR copy the file
on the network to another folder (independent of FrameMaker), the
ParagraphFormatting rules for Cyrillic, Baltic and Central European
translations are replaced by the NoAdditionalFormatting element too.

What it should be
    Else, if context is: * < Chapter [Language = "ChineseSimplified"]
        Default font properties
            Combined font: ChineseSim_MyriadProCond_FZDHTK

    Else, if context is: * < Chapter [Language = "Russian"]
            Family: Myriad Pro Cond Cyr

What we end up with
    Else, if context is: * < Chapter [Language = "ChineseSimplified"]
        No additional formatting.

    Else, if context is: * < Chapter [Language = "Russian"]
        No additional formatting.

This has been repeated on all computers in the department and we've even
replicated it using FrameMaker 8, which we have moved over to yet.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?  I would be happy
with a wild guess at this point.

Thanks,
Morgan

Morgan Hayward
Technical Writer
Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd.

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this
email.