FM abruptly closes with no save

Brewster, Christopher C christopher.c.brewster at lmco.com
Thu Feb 14 08:42:18 PST 2008

As to why I'm inserting graphics with links, I explained this in a
couple of individual emails so I'll just say it again. I inherited this
project from an outside consultant. For now I have to stick with the
documents as they're currently done. The consultant company puts its
screen shots in a Powerpoint. Each Ppt slide is then copied into the FM
document using Paste Special, and using the "Linked document" option in
that dialog (and I mean the whole slide, not just the graphic on it).
The irony of all this is that my own company wants the whole thing moved
over to Word when it's possible. But right now I'm using FM documents
that have been APPROVED, which is (as you know) a corporate term meaning
they can't be changed other than adding new material.