Language Translation Estimates

Dennis Brunnenmeyer dennisb at chronometrics.com
Thu Feb 14 14:39:18 PST 2008

Lin...

I would think the costs would depend a lot on how difficult the
document is to translate. Plain English text must be a lot easier
than that with many difficult technical terms and convoluted
explanations that a non-technical translator may find difficult to
understand. The only valid way to sort this out is to get a qualified
translator to tell you how long it would take. They can only do that
if they see the files.

Frankly, the estimate Art received seems like a bargain to me. I'm a
little curious about how the fonts and formatting would be handled in
such a situation if the alphabets and characters are significantly different.

Dennis Brunnenmeyer
***************************
At 01:51 PM 2/14/2008, Lin Surasky wrote:
>Thanks, Art. I'm looking into that now. I see several sites have cost
>estimates, but no one has a time estimate (i.e., x many hours per page
>or per word). Unfortunately, I'm not so sure we're going to outsource
>this; it may be done in-house, but I have no idea how long I should tell
>them it will take!

Dennis Brunnenmeyer
Director of Engineering
CEDAR RIDGE SYSTEMS
15019 Rattlesnake Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945-8710
Office: (530) 477-9015
Fax:  (530) 477-9085
Mobile: (530) 320-9025
eMail:  dennisb /at/ chronometrics /dot/ com