Software Purchase Justification

John Hedtke john at hedtke.com
Mon Feb 18 10:21:48 PST 2008

I always rely on savings/efficiency when touting a software purchase:
What will this save the company? How will it improve efficiency,
throughput,  or final quality to buy this thing?  In the case of the
Adobe Tech Comm Suite, it's got a few advantages right off the top:
even at list price, you're getting updates to FrameMaker and Acrobat
for less than the cost of buying them individually, and you also get
RoboHelp and Captivate as well.  (I think a lot more people should
use Captivate.)

BTW, there are currently several listings for the Tech Comm Suite on
eBay, two of which are significantly less than the suggested list price:
         http://cgi.ebay.com/Adobe-Technical-Communication-Suite-NEW-NIB_W0QQitemZ120222385795QQihZ002QQcategoryZ41877QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
         http://cgi.ebay.com/Adobe-Technical-Communication-Suite-New-Sealed-Box_W0QQitemZ300199662760QQihZ020QQcategoryZ41877QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(There's also a listing that's $100 *more* than the suggested list
price on the Adobe website.  Go figure.  :D)  Buying the product at a
significant savings may be enough frosting on the cake to seal the
deal on your proposal.

Yours truly,

John Hedtke
Author/Consultant/Contract Writer