Shutdown

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 06:52:06 PST 2008

I talked to my IP Director and he advised me to google for info on
logoff scripts. I came up with this for Win XP:

QUOTE:
If you go to start > run, type gpedit.msc
This should open the local group policy.
Under the User Configuration > Window Settings > Scripts(Logon/Logoff).
There are key/values for logon and logoff scripts. Doubleclick on
Logoff and then add, and browse to your script or batch file.
I think this should then run when you logoff.
<snip>
Hope this helps.
UNQUOTE

Then I should only need the first three lines of the code Mike
supplied to delete the fntcache.dat at logoff forcing Windows to
create a fresh one at next boot.
The script would be saved to
C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logoff\ folder

I am going to try this. I'' let you know if this is not working.

Bodvar

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.