style following inset

Arnett, Keith Keith.Arnett at softwareag.com
Sat Feb 23 12:28:15 PST 2008

Hi Mollye,

Just catching up on my digest version, so pardon the late response. The
solution outlined by Richard Combs is an effective one, and there is
also one more alternative:

Create a new paragraph tag from your standard body paragraph tag and
name it, for example, "TI.Start." Configure it so that it has a 2 pt.
font size, and Above Pgf, Below Pgf, and Line Spacing are all set to 0
points.

Ensure that every text inset begins with a TI.Start paragraph (with no
content, obviously). This does not remove the "empty paragraph" but sets
it to an empty, 2 pt paragraph with zero spacing, effectively removing
it from view.

This has the advantage of keeping the solution in the text inset itself,
and removes the need to remember to insert content after the text inset
- more of a "set and forget" solution. Of course, you have to remember
to keep it in the text inset, but if you create a text inset template,
you can set it up so it appears as the first line in the flow, followed
by a standard body paragraph tag. You only need to create the new
TI.Start tag in the text inset template - it does not have to become
part of your standard template. When you import the text inset, it will
show up in the style list as "*TI.Start."

Regards,

Keith Arnett

Lead Technical Writer

Software AG USA, Inc. \ Fairfax VA