Color Output From Frame

Scott White swhite at alamark.com
Thu Feb 28 07:28:46 PST 2008

Framers
Yes, here is the question yet again -- two parts. Has Framemaker 8
made any advances in color output for Framemaker pages? Second, has
anyone discovered any new ways to create color output from Framemaker
without having the printer giving you the, "these colors are
rgb, ......"

I'm well aware of printers dislike for framemaker color outputs.
Eventhough you have your pages setup to output to cmyk, the colors
show up rgb at the print house. The printer then has to use some
additional software, at an additional price, to marry the colors to
the correct plates. Been there done that.

I ask the questions because I have Framemaker 8 and am getting ready
to do another catalog, four-color job. We traditionally use Frame 7.2
then take our Frame files, open them up on and older Mac using
Framemaker 7.0, psotscript, distill, and go down the road.

Scott White
Media Production Manager
Implementation Coordinator
210-704-8239