boilerplate text on reference pages

Martinek, Carla CMartinek at zebra.com
Thu Feb 28 08:05:18 PST 2008

Our solution is a bit different.  We ran into issues with using content
from the reference pages, and found an alternative.

We use AutoText from Silicon Prairie Software.  I created a menu that
allows us to insert pre-formatted tables, many already populated with
standard phrases and text, for our various cautions and notes.  Our
table consists of two cells, the left one containing the appropriate
icon and the right one containing the text.

The table format is exactly the same for all of them, but the paragraph
styles in each one change, as we use a para style with autonumbering to
create the words Caution, Note, Important, etc.  Those words are
formatted in Arial Bold to make them stand out, and then the regular
paratext style is Times New Roman.  The icons are imported by reference.

AutoText is $10 for a single seat, $100 for a site-license.  For as much
as we've made use of this tool, they could charge $100 a seat license
and we'd gladly pay it!

http://www.siliconprairiesoftware.com/Products.html

-Carla

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.