Keeping Two Tables Together in Frame 6.0

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Thu Jan 3 07:22:07 PST 2008

Theresa -

Is it acceptable to have the tables themselves break over page/column
boundaries?

You should check the Orphan Row setting (in the Basic tab of the table
designer) and change the value to a smaller figure, even down to its
minimum setting of 1.  Note that this is explicitly only orphan rows -
there is no "widow row" option, so you could get an initial single row
and then the balance of the table on the next page.  There is also the
possibility that the rows have a custom minimum height or Keep with
Next/Previous settings (both controlled via Table > Row Format) that
affect how a table breaks if necessary.

You might also reduce the cell margins of the table design, and also of
the paragraphs used in the cells (under the Table Cell tab of the
paragraph designer) to reduce the vertical space needed for the contents
of a row.

The table's Space Above/Space Below  properties may also affect
pagination.

Finally, does the anchoring paragraph have its Keep with Next, or the
next paragraph the Keep with Previous, setting enabled?

On Wednesday, January 02, 2008 04:49 PM, Theresa Zamborsky wrote:

| Does anyone have suggestions of how to keep two tables (that use
| different table formats) together in Frame 6.0?  These two tables
| are both anchored on the same blank para. line, but sometimes the
| second table paginates to the next page.  Because of Frame scripts
| that we use, the two tables need to remain anchored on the same
| para. line for the time being.  I already tried having the tables
| anchored to two separate para. lines and keeping those two para.
| lines together, but that breaks our Frame script.
|
| Any suggestions would be appreciated.
|

| Thanks,
|
| Theresa

I hope this helps.

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com