Index markers not showing in generated index

Frank Stearns franks at fsatools.com
Tue Jan 22 09:57:41 PST 2008

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Pete Rourke wrote:

> Thanks Stuart,
>
> I've tried both with and without spaces.
> What is funny is that
> Index Marker =  Items;<$nopage>Violation:Items
> The Items shows up in the Index, but the Violation:Items does not.
>
> In the Index, there are 15 secondary items that do work under the primary
> Violation, I just can't get the word "Items" as a secondary even if the

Did you by chance source any of this document from Word?

If so (and in general with squirrely marker behavior) it's often
worth an export to MIF and an examination of the marker statements.

In the past we've found odd, non-printing characters that should not
be in the marker, and these can cause fits. Word is infamous for
putting in leading and trailing hex 20 (or was it decimal 20 - can't
remember) characters - invisible on screen and paper, but confusing
for FM's marker parser.

Give that a shot.

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
franks at fsatools.com <mailto:franks at fsatools.com>
TOLL FREE Voice (USA and Canada):  800-567-6421
USA Voice: 360-892-3970  USA FAX: 360-253-1498
http://www.fsatools.com