File crashes upon PDF generation

Diane Schaefer dschaefer at sandvine.com
Sun Jan 27 08:04:02 PST 2008

I have a heavily conditioned file that contains a large number of
tables, cross references, and even cross references in table footnotes.
When I select specific conditionals and print to PDF with bookmarks, the
file crashes. The file does not crash if I do not generate bookmarks.
Nor does it crash if I show all conditionals and print to PDF while
generating bookmarks.

Thinking that perhaps the file was corrupt, I saved it to MIF and
reimported into my template. That didn't help matters, so I saved the
file as text, reimported the text into my template and rebuilt the file
item by item, including the cross references, tables and conditionals.

I am using unstructured FrameMaker 7.2 and Acrobat 8.0.

By the way, I encountered the same problem with this file several months
back and changed part of it, getting rid of what appeared to be an
offending  cross reference in a conditionaled table's footnote. At the
time, that solved the problem, but I've since used the file in several
other documents with different conditionals, and it's worked just fine.

Any suggestions? I haven't yet figured out a work-around for the
footnotes and the cross references.

Thanks,

Diane

Diane Schaefer