List of linked graphic file locations

Martin Smith msmith at apexcovantage.com
Tue Jan 29 07:41:55 PST 2008

Hi,

I have found myself in this very same spot, where someone built a book with graphics imported from all over the network.

Naturally this makes the book impossible to archive and prone to error as graphics are remapped or lost.

I have written a simple script in the FrameScript programming language that inventories all of the graphics imported into a manual, copies them into a directory of your choice (optionally organized within sub-folders based on the filename of the chapter where the graphic is used), and re-links all of the graphics without altering the size, resolution, position, or any other attributes of the actual images.

If you have FrameScript installed on your computer, this is a ready-made solution to the problem. If you don't, this might be an alternative to get started, as many such time-saving scripts are available from developers such as myself.

Feel free to email me if this is something you're interested in and I can send you the script file.

Best regards,

Martin R. Smith
msmith at apexcovantage.com