master pages and multiple revisions

martin.smith at golehtek.com martin.smith at golehtek.com
Tue Jul 1 10:37:48 PDT 2008

Hi,

An alternative would be to create a dedicated, named flow on the
master page with auto-connect turned off. This would result in a text
field on each page that you could use to enter the issue or revision
date.

However, some potential issues come to mind. Whether you use a master
page or a text flow to track the dates, it is unlikely that the text
will stay in sync with the master page. As you add new text to the
document, the text will flow through as many pages as necessary to
format the document.

An alternative might be to auto-number your highest level headings and
include a table in the front matter that tracks revisions to the major
sections in the document.

Best regards,

Martin