master pages and multiple revisions

Owen, Clint Clint.Owen at craneaerospace.com
Tue Jul 1 10:36:56 PDT 2008

Deirdre,

That's exactly what we do. I create a cross reference marker next to
each revision date on the Record of Revisions page. This date is then
referenced anywhere in the manual that I need that particular date, such
as on the List of Effective Pages or the master page for a new part of
the manual.

I think you can have up to 100 or so master pages in a chapter.
Depending on you template, you might need Left, Right, Blank, etc.
masters for each rev.

The master pages for the first few revisions can be part of your
template. All you need to do is change the date of each revision once on
the ROR and it is automatically propagated throughout the manual. Then
as you make changes, you just pick the appropriate master page for each
rev.

Clint

Clinton Owen | Senior Technical Writer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics |
+1 425-743-8674 | F: +1 425-743-8113