weird symbols in front of my Chapter Titles

Deirdre Reagan deirdre.reagan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:19:37 PDT 2008

Hi all:

I have nine Chapter Titles that feed the TOC.

The format of the title is [Variable] [Chapter Title Name] and the
whole thing is tagged Chapter Title.

Two chapter titles have a bold T in front of the variable.  Neither
the variable nor the chapter title is cross-referenced in the rest of
the document, as far as I can tell.  One paragraph tag has an asterisk
in front of it, but the other one doesn't.

Three chapter titles have an outlined box in front of the variable.  I
don't know what this outlined box is. None of these tags have an
asterisk.

Four chapters have no symbols in front of the variable.

Any thoughts on why these seven chapters, which only feed the TOC,
would have different symbols or none at all in front of them?

Also, I erased the variable and ran the book, and got no error
messages, but the symbols all remained the same.

Thanks,

Deirdre