language specific screen shots in Framemaker

Andersen, Verner Engell VEA verner.andersen at radiometer.dk
Thu Jul 3 01:13:33 PDT 2008

Have any of you succeded in creating a scenario where language specific
screen shots do not need to be reimported or rescaled in Framemaker.

I am thinking of directory structure for each language, screen
resolutions, dpi etc.

The idea is that the English files and screen shots are sent to the
translator. The translator replaces the English screen shots with the
language-specific ones.

If you have a scenario for this I am very interested. Often when I
replace a screen shot it is totally distorted in Framemaker and needs to
be re-imported and re-scaled.

Med venlig hilsen - Best regards
Verner Andersen
Technical Writer