language specific screen shots in Framemaker

Harro de Jong hdjong at triview.nl
Thu Jul 3 07:15:45 PDT 2008

Verner Andersen wrote:

> Have any of you succeded in creating a scenario where language
specific
> screen shots do not need to be reimported or rescaled in Framemaker.

Yes, I have. I've got a folder containing screenshots, and when I need
to produce a translated manual, all I have to do is copy the translated
screenshots into that folder, overwriting the originals.
I've never had to resize or reimport the screenshots.
You've got to make sure the translated screenshots are the same size as
the original, though. Check the resolution and font size settings for
the computer before you start grabbing screenshots.

Harro de Jong