language specific screen shots in Framemaker

mathieu jacquet bobitch at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 07:28:51 PDT 2008

Hi Verner,

what do you really mean by "screen shots are sent to the translator"?

As a (English into French) translator, I have never had to translate any screen shot strictly speaking. I usually translate software strings that developers then integrate into the (in my case, French version of) the soft. Then I capture screenshots in the right language to place them in my doc.

In your case it would be too time-consuming of course, you would not want to capture 1000 screenshots x 6 languages...

However, if the translators translate straight into Photoshop or Illustrator, maybe they do not set the image settings as you do (in terms of dpi, size, format, etc.), which may cause problems.

Mathieu.