Table numbers don't continue in book

Thu Jul 3 07:29:58 PDT 2008

Joel Wilhelm wrote:

> I have a Book file and the tables and figures aren't continuing the
flow of
> numbers in each individual file. The formats are:
>
> T:Table <n+>.
> C:Figure <n+>.
>
> I have the Book file and each file within it set to "Continue
Numbering
> From
> Previous File in Book."
>
> Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

When you're at the book window and select Format > Document > Numbering,
you're setting the book-level properties for the _files_selected_ in the
book window. (This lets you specify different book-level settings for,
for instance, front-matter and appendices.) Did you perhaps fail to
select all the individual files in the book window before setting the
numbering properties?

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer