FM 7.1 cannot find file to cross-ref to

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:22:57 PDT 2008

> To be more clear, only one instance of Frame is open.
> When ALL files in the book are open, it is possible to
> create a cross-ref to another file of the book. FM correctly
> lists all the book files in the Document drop-down list.
> However, when only the two files are open, FM does
> not list the other file name in the Document drop-down
> list, only the Current file. This is true when any two
> files are open. It's a puzzlement.

I recall seeing this behavior in FrameMaker 6.0, but had never
noticed in in FM7.x (maybe because I usually have more than
two files open). I seem to recall that the issue was a display
bug--the list box would not display up and down scroll buttons
when there were only two items in the list, apparently because
the list was too short to fit the buttons. But I also seem to
recall that I could use the cursor keys (the down arrow,
specifically) to highlight the otherwise invisible 2nd item in
the list. But I could be making that up...

-Fred Ridder